In NHHS everyone should be safe and feel well taken care of. If you have experienced or are experiencing something unpleasant, we want you to contact the Executive Board immediately by Leader Dinogen Uruthiran, Anders Fosse Hereide or Josefine Marie Thunold Furu. If desired, you can remain anonymous. If you wish to notify other than the Executive Board, you can either contact NHH, Sammen or the Control Committee (Kontrollutvalget). NHHS has a close relationship with NHH, and can notify the school if you wish.
If in doubt, tell me!
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Dinogen Uruthiran
- email@example.com – Anders Fosse Hereide
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Josefine Marie Thunold Furu
- email@example.com, NHH’s student ombud
- firstname.lastname@example.org – NHH’s warning system
- email@example.com – Stine Stolpestad
- The student society in Western Norway
If you want to give an oral notice, feel free to stop by the office of the Executive Board. If you want to notify someone else in the Executive Board or the Control Committee, it is entirely possible. Contact information can be found at nhhs.no/kjernestyret or nhhs.no/kontrollutvalget.
What is harassment?
Attention is harassment when:
- it is unwelcome
- it is bothersome
- it persists after the recipient has expressed their discontent
- it has negative consequences of a physical, psychological or study-related nature
Other factors that play a part:
- The seriousness of the action
- The time and place of the action
- Whether it has persisted over time
- Dependencies and power relations between the harasser and the person being harassed
Examples of behaviour that may constitute harassment:
- patronising behaviour
- unnecessary physical contact / touching and groping
- personal comments about the recipient’s body, clothes or private life
- sexual advances, suggestions and insinuations, sex pressure
NHHS and NHH supports Never OK (Aldri OK), a student-driven campaign against harassment. Goal Statement:
Everyone has the right to live, study and work in a safe and inclusive environment. Nobody should experience harassment or any form of abuse. We want a safe campus and a safe city.
NEVER OK AIMS TO:
- Promote a culture of zero tolerance for sexual harassment, violence or discrimination
- Facilitate open and honest debate on the topic and provide clear guidelines, training and support for everyone
- Support and create commitment in cooperation with student organisations on campus to challenge negative behaviour and promote a safe culture for everyone
WE HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR:
- Sexual abuse and harassment: unwelcome verbal, written or physical sexual advances without consent
- Discrimination: physical or verbal abuse of persons or property based on the victims’ ethnicity, religion, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability
- Harassment and bullying: all unwanted behaviour that makes anyone feel afraid, oppressed, humiliated or offended
We have an obligation to provide a safe environment for all students, staff and visitors. We promise to thoroughly investigate all reports of inappropriate behaviour and conduct. NHH and NHHS will implement recommendations and/or measures in line with guidelines relating to sexual harassment, employment contracts, equality and diversity policy.